Christmas Eve Gathering Dinner

Friday, December 26, 2008

It was a last minute call from my mum that I have to prepare a Christmas Eve dinner for the family on Christmas Eve. I'm not a good cook, but when given the opportunity, I'm glad to be involved.

Since I have to be in office for the morning before I head home after lunch, there aren't too much time for me to prepare and I decided to make something simple, bake to perfection in one go.

So I draw up this manual in my mind, marinated chicken, steak and some bacon, garnish with potatoes, cherry tomatoes and baby carrots with lots of onion.

With this in mind I headed to Cold Storage and Tesco to get what I need for the dinner.

So here's what I did;

Marinated chicken thigh


Lightly marinated Australian beef


Mix vegi, consist of potatoes, baby carrot, cherry tomato covered with bacon and lots of onion.


Once all have been prepared, here it goes, into the oven !


While waiting for the meat to cook, I prepared a fresh green salad, served with olive oil and some seasoning. Healthy eating !

Alright, here's how it looks like when is taken out from the oven.

Baked potatoes, baby carrots and cherry tomatoes with beef and bacon.


Cooked chicken thigh


Here's what served on the table, not forgetting soup, mushroom soup from Campbell.

Well this foods are just enough for 10 adults. I don't think it was the best meal we ever had but sure is good enough for the stomach.

Merry Christmas !

20 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! I think everything looked wonderful. I would bet it tasted delicious.

corrin said...

I'm impressed! How come you had to cook on such short notice?

cady said...

that looks great! quite impressive for a last minute meal. :)

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

I love the idea of putting bacon strips topped with onion over the vegetables - and baking in the oven! Think I'll just borrow that idea if you don't mind!

Everything looks great - good job on such short notice :)

Maureen said...

I think it's pretty darn good especially for getting word the same day that you are preparing dinner for 10! You should give yourself more credit- looks like you are a pretty good cook to me!

valmg said...

You did a great job cooking such a bit meal on short notice.
Regarding the bacon, I've been seeing more and more bacon wrapped items here and may try making one.

Emily Veinglory said...

Hey, you can cook for me any time ;) -- I am sure they were glad you could pull a meal like that together so quickly!

Diane Scott said...

OMG! I should have been at your house! This is what you "whipped up?!" Holy cow, I'm also very impressed!

Sadie said...

That looks great! Especially for last minute! Looks like you were prepared to me... ;)

BarbaraRae said...

Looks to me like your one of those who can make anything look good and taste great...last minute or not!

NIX said...

Thanks everyone for the comments. Although it was a last minutes work, it was great joy preparing it.

Janet Giacoma said...

You should be on the board of some of these "failing" companies if you can pull off all of that in record time! Amazing and it looks delicious!

NIX said...

I guess the biggest success in any organized even is to have a plan on what to do.

It can be quite messy if you do not have a detail plan on what you want to do and how to ensure it is can be done on time.

Samantha and Mr. Tigger said...

Yummmy!! That food looks wonderful and you did a great job on such short notice!! We also want to wish you a Prosperous 2009!!
Your FL furiends,

Christina thecoffeelady said...

Looks yummy to me.... I know who to call for a last minute dinner!

Connie said...

The whole meal looks delicious! I love the idea of the making the veggies in the oven w/ bacon. I'm going to have to try that.

Scott said...

For someone who really doesn't cook looks like you did a great job. Quite impressed. Wishing you and your family a happy holiday season.

Daria said...

Very creative, and looks yummy...

Happy New Year to all of you! :)

Surfer Jerry said...

That looks pretty good to me!! Great Blog i have enjoyed stumbling through it!

NIX said...

Thank Surfer Jerry for dropping by. Do give me some feedback on this blog so that I know where to make it better.

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=d8f333be89349411cf7c28d5cb4c3f34