Back from Langkawi

Friday, March 13, 2009


Well after spending almost a week in Langkawi, for work and pleasure, finally I'm back home.

How were the days in Langkawi ? I would say, superb, and I guess I should have vacation like this more often.

The first 4 days was tiring, as I have to conduct a training to almost 20 personnel but then the fun kicks in on the last 3 days, where I really have time to be alone with my wife.

Back to reality, having time to be alone is almost impossible, with 2 kids on the hands it is like nightmare. In fact I do not remember when was the last time my wife and me get to be together without interruption. I think was about 4.5 year ago, before our daughter came to this world.

So what did I do for my vacation? Basically eat and eat and eat. 1st meal was at The Loaf (own by our formal PM). The food was expensive but not too bad. We then went for some sight seeing, driving around the island.

When late evening came, I need to go back to Kuah Town to make sure my students get to board the bus to the airport. After sending them off, we drop by a restaurant and had dinner. Ordered some seafood and my wife wanted to have seafood. Being only 2 people, ordering food is not easy and we ended up eating more then we can. Thanks to those tasty crabs.

2nd was could say was a disappointed day. Wanted to go to the cable car as it was the main purpose of our visit to Langkawi, but of all day, it was close for maintenance. So we decided to do sometime else, went to Underwater world. I was not that keen to go but since we have nothing else to do so may as well spent some time there.

Again another big blow, the 3D theater was on maintenance as well. SO no 3D just watches fishes swimming and penguins feeding.

So since we have more time now, drove back to Kuah Town to the jetty and photograph eagle, The main attraction of Langkawi, Dataran Lang (Eagle Square). After photographing that big eagle status, we head back to hotel to have a dip at the pool.

This was our last night in Langkawi and I decided to eat in at the hotel's hawker by the pool. Went back to our room to have a bath and prepare to go for dinner. To our surprise, the rain came and we got to wait till it stops.

After the rain, we head out to the poolside and found horror, all stalls are close due to the rain. So what for dinner?

No choice got to go back to Pantai Cenang and look for restaurant. Ended up seafood again! Well meal was satisfying but day was bad.

The next day, we just prepare to go home, guess without the kids just don't make us feel that good. The heart still misses them.

Here are some photos taken from Langkawi. I'll leave the rest on my photoblog. Check it out if you want to see more.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=d8f333be89349411cf7c28d5cb4c3f34